Workshop FAQ's & Policies
Here are answers to a few of my most common questions regarding my Photo Workshops & Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
What sets your workshops/tours apart from other workshops/tours?
Why should I attend one of your workshops?
Can my spouse, relative, friend, pet, etc. attend any or all of the workshop/tour?
What level of photography experience do I have to have in order to attend one of your workshops?
Do you photograph during field workshops/tours?
What should I bring with me to one of your workshops?
Do you provide travel insurance for your workshop participants?
What happens in bad weather?
What’s included in my tuition? Rooms, transportation, meals?
Do you provide transportation?
Are there any restrictions on participation?
Workshop/Tour Policies - The Fine Print
– Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Payment is due in full at time of registration unless otherwise specified.
– I have a no tag-along policy. Spouses, family members, friends, etc. who are traveling with you and who have not registered are unable to partake in any group functions. Workshops are also not a location for pets and as such are not allowed with the exception of guide dogs.
– Cancellation Policy: All workshop tuition fees are non-refundable. I understand, however, that emergencies do come up at the last moment that could effect your participation. Should you need to cancel, I can transfer the fees you paid towards another one of my other photo workshops that still has open seats left. Note that there is a $150 administrative fee to do this, and you must sign up for one of my workshops that occurs within 1 year of the workshop you cancel. If the workshop you are transferring to is more than your original amount paid, the remaining balance will be due to complete registration. No fees are to be returned if the transferred workshop is less than your original payment. Workshop fees can only be transferred towards another workshop and can not be used to purchase artwork or other items for sale.
In the event that I deem it necessary to cancel the workshop I will provide a full refund of tuition fees which the participant(s) acknowledges as full and final settlement. In the event of a workshop cancellation airline tickets, car rentals and hotel reservations associated with participation in this workshop will not be refunded. I strongly recommend you purchase refundable airline tickets and make refundable car and hotel reservations. I also recommend you carry travel and camera equipment insurance.
Things beyond my control such as government shutdowns and weather can effect scheduling. In the event of a government shutdown that closes our location to the public, the workshop will not necessarily be cancelled, and locations near the intended location will be considered in an effort to keep the workshop continuing.
– Partial Payment: Some workshops may allow for a partial payment when registering. Partial payments are subject to the same cancellation policy stated above. Following your initial partial payment you will be contacted to see how you want to pay the remaining balance. I can bill you monthly for the remaining amount if you desire. Remaining balance must be paid in full before 90 days prior to the start of the workshop. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your registration. Fees already paid will be transferred to another workshop at my discretion.
– Liability Limitation: I aim to provide a safe, educational and enjoyable experience. I assume no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto. I can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided. I reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances.
By participating in this workshop you acknowledge that you have read the information concerning responsibility and release Matt Suess, his guides, instructors and any cooperating agent from any liability. Matt Suess will assume no liability for injury, illness, or loss of personal property or expenses thereof associated with workshop participation. You also acknowledge that Matt Suess has the right to refuse service to anyone at any time and that these policies are subject to change at any time.
– Unless otherwise mentioned, tuition does not include any park admission fees. Hotel / lodging, meals, car rental, any needed gear or equipment rentals, etc. are not included and is the student’s responsibility. A list of area accommodations can be emailed to you following your registration upon request.
– Photos & Video of You: Photos & Video of you may be taken during the workshop and used for advertising future workshops on websites and print media owned by Matt Suess and/or other sites & media that advertise workshops taught by Matt Suess. Acceptance of these terms implies that you agree to such usage with no further compensation above and beyond the photo instruction received during the workshop. If requested, Matt can send you the full-resolution images being used of yourself to keep and make prints from. This also applies to any testimonials provided in-person, online, or on any public forum.